The new Chat icon that you might notice in the Microsoft Windows 11. The Chat feature is a part of the Microsoft Teams app and if you use the Teams then this Chat app is very useful to have conversations with the team members. But, If you don’t use The Teams app and want to remove the chat icon from the Taskbar then here you can see a few ways to remove the Chat icon.
Removing the Chat Icon in Windows 11
To remove the chat icon from the taskbar, there are two ways. You can hide the Chat icon from the taskbar and it will stay in your computer buy you visually hide it from the taskbar. You can also uninstall the Teams from your computer and as result, this will also remove the Chat icon.
Remove the Chat icon from Windows 11 taskbar
- You need to go to the Taskbar settings to remove it from the Taskbar. You can either right-click on the taskbar and select Taskbar settings or press Windows+I from the keyboard to open up the Windows 11 Settings windows and then got to
- Select the Personalization from the left side and then scroll down on the right side and click the Taskbar option.
- Next, on the Taskbar settings page, you can see the Chat icon. Just turn the Switch off in front of the Chat icon to hide it from the Taskbar.
Remove Microsoft Teams from Windows 11 startup
Microsft Team starts on the Windows startup and definitely puts some load on Windows startup when you are landing on the Desktop. So, let’s see how to stop automatically loading the Teams app from Window Startup.
- Press Windows +I from the keyboard and select the Apps from the left side. Now, find the Startup option on the right side and click it to view all the apps that start automatically when you sign in.
- Scroll down, find the Microsoft Teams app, and turn off the switch to stop loading on Windows 11 startup.
Uninstall Microsoft Teams via Settings
If you don’t use Microsoft Teams then you should definitely uninstall it from your computer, removing Teams from your computer.
Delete Via Windows 11 Apps and Features
- You can do this from the Windows Apps & features section. So, press Windows+I to open up the Settings. Go to Apps and then click Apps & features option.
- Here, in the list of installed apps, you can find the Microsoft Teams app. Click the dotted icon on the right side and then select uninstall option from the menu.
- Just follow the onscreen instructions to completely uninstall the app from your PC.
Delete Via Windows Start menu
- Press the Windows button from the keyboard or click the Start button. Search for the Teams app and this will show you the best-matched results. Simply select the Microsoft Teams from the search results and then click the Uninstall option on the right side of the Start menu as shown below.
Was that helpful?
Share your thought about adding the Chat icon on the Taskbar for everyone who even doesn’t want to use Microsoft Teams. If you have any question please leave a comment below.