You might already know you can change the font size for all the iPhone or iPad user interfaces. But, do you know you can adjust the font size increase or decrease for the specific individual app as well? Yes, you can do that and this guide will help you to learn how to increase or decrease the text size for individual apps. You can set different sizes for different apps, let’s see how to do that.
This guide is divided into the following sections
Add Text Size icon in the Control Center
- If you want to change the font size for a specific app then you must have the Text Size icon available in the Control Center. As you can see below in the screenshot, the last icon (AA). If it’s not available here on your device then continue to add it to your Control Center.
- You can access Control Center your device by either swiping down from the top-right corner (Devices with FaceID) of the screen or swiping up from the bottom edge (devices with home button) of the screen.
- Open up the Settings scroll-down a bit and Tap the
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap the add button on the
- It will instantly add to your list of
INCLUDED CONTROLSlist. As you can see below in the screenshot.
Change font size for individual app
- Here, you can see the Text Size icon is available now in the Control Center.
- Now, let’s say I want to increase the font size for the
Notesapp. But, you can do it for any app whether it’s a built-in app or you installed it from the App Store. For demonstration purposes, I am going to increase the text size for the Note app. You must open the app for which you want to increase the text size.
- Now, open the Control Center and tap the
Text Size (AA)icon
- Here, you can see either we can modify the text size for all apps or for the app that I opened before going into the Control center and selecting the Text Size icon.
- I don’t want to change the font size for all apps but Notes. So, just tap the Notes app or the app you already opened.
- Change the Text Size using the controls, As you can see I want to increase the text size by 110%. Once done go back to the app and see the text size will be increased.
- Here, you can see the font size for the Notes app is bigger now. You can go back to the same settings and adjust the text size again according to your requirements.
- If you see the font size in other apps like Settings, you can see nothing changed.
Increase or decrease the font size for all apps
I have already posted a guide:
- Open up the Settings app and then go to Display & Brightness settings.
- Here, tap the Text Size option.
- Now you can use the slider available at the bottom of the screen to adjust the text size for all over the system.
Was that helpful?
Tell us for which app you changed the Text Size and how you feel after modifying the font size. If you still have any questions then please leave a comment below.