If you want to reset Samsung Galaxy S mobile to factory settings then follow the instructions given below.
Note: before resetting Galaxy S mobile phone make sure you have backed-up your all mobile data to MicroSD card or on your computer. By performing reset, all contents stored on your mobile will be erased. So save your Emails, SMS, Contacts, Third-party Apps, etc. Data on your MicroSD card is safe and will NOT be erased.
Here you will find two ways to reset Galaxy S either from Android OS or using hardware buttons if you could not boot Galaxy S.
Reset Galaxy S from Android OS option
- Tap Menu on Home screen of Samsung Galaxy S
- Tap Settings > Privacy
- Tap “Factory Data reset” option
- Tap “Reset Phone” > “Erase Everthing” buttons (Type password of prompted)
- Your mobile will reboot and it takes time to reset phone to factory settings, so be patient.
Reset Galaxy S using mobile keys
- Remove the phone battery and place it again in the Samsung Galaxy S phone
- Hold the “Volume down” button, press and release the “Power” button
- Following system menu will display:
– Blear Storage
- To navigate use “Volume Down” button and select “Clear Storage” option by pressing “Power” / “Home” button.
- Confirm by pressing Volume Up button (YES) or Volume Down (NO)
- Your Galaxy S phone will reboot and reset to factory settings.