A factory reset will reset your Samsung Galaxy Tab to factory settings and your all data on the device will be removed. So before doing the reset process, it’s better to backup your all data like Contacts, Emails, SMS, etc. from your device. If you are ready, then let’s see how to reset Samsung Galaxy Tab.
If your device hangs and unresponsive some time due to any application, then try to remove this application. To reboot unresponsive Samsung Galaxy Tab, press and hold the “Power” button for about 10 seconds your device will reboot automatically.
If the problem persists and Galaxy Tab is unresponsive again then its better to hard reset / restore to factory settings.
Reset Galaxy Tab from Android OS
- Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset
- Read and follow the on screen instruction carefully.
Reset Galaxy Tab with Hardware Keys
If Android OS is not loading, then you can hard reset Galaxy Tab using hardware Keys combination.
- Make sure tab is turned off, Press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds to turn it off.
- Press and hold the “Volume-up” and “Power” buttons at the same time, when logo appears on the screen release the “Power” button but keep pressing the “Volume-up” button
- When recovery screen appears you can press “Volume Up/Down” buttons to navigate and select “wipe data / Factory reset” by pressing the “Home” or “Power” button (Depends on Galaxy Tab model).
How to reset Samsung Galaxy S
How to root Galaxy Tab
and even more Galaxy Tab tricks