Backup your iPhone and iPad data frequently so you will not lose any important stuff on your mobile device. In this guide, you will learn how you can backup iPhone iPad devices on your computer PC or Mac. Backup using a data cable and iTunes or backup on iCloud by just turning on iCloud Backup.
How to Backup iPhone or iPad Data
There are two different ways that we are going to show you here in this guide to backup iPhone data. So let’s talk about what those two backup options are.
First, you can backup iPhone on Windows or macOS with the help of iTunes software. A backup taken with iTunes will be stored locally, means everything will be backed up on your desktop or laptop hard drive. The process is very simple, just plug in your iPhone with PC or Mac. Create a backup by using iTunes backup option. The plus side of backing up on the computer using iTunes is you don’t have a problem with storage space mostly. The problem with this method: If something happens to your computer or hard drive then you are going to lose all of your iPhone data.
Backing up on the computer using iTunes is you don’t have a problem with storage space mostly. The problem with this method If something happens to your computer or hard drive then you are going to lose all of your iPhone back-ups. You have backup manually by running iTunes every time.
iCloud Backup: (recommended)
On the other side, iTunes backup can auto backup and store all or selected iPhone date without iTunes on cloud storage and doesn’t use storage space on your computer. Apple gives 5GB of free cloud storage space to every iCloud user, and you can upgrade it according to your need.
You can iCloud backup iPhone automatically without connecting to your computer. No chance of losing your data and available on cloud storage.
- Click iPhone or iPad icon, select “This computer” option and then hit “Back Up Now” button to start backing up your device on your computer.
Backup iPhone or iPad to iCloud
iCloud automatically backup all the important data to the iCloud server if not disabled. Check out below all the steps to make sure the iCloud backup is enabled, and you are getting backed up your iOS device. This feature requires the iCloud account if you don’t have an iCloud account then first, create a new account.
- Go to settings on your iOS device from home screen.
- Here find and tap on iCloud option. Log in to your iCloud account if you haven’t or you can also create a new account from here by tapping on “Get a Free Apple ID.”
- Now scroll down until you find “Backup” and then to enable automatic iCloud Backup turn the switch on. Now it will automatically backup your device when connected to WiFi, power source and device screen locked on the daily basis.
To manually backup iPhone or iPad just hit the “Back Up Now” option anytime.
Backup iPhone or iPad using iTunes
- First, update your iTunes to the latest version. You can also download it from here.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer using a data cable.
- Click iPhone or iPad icon. Select “This computer” option and then hit “Back Up Now” button to start backing up your device on the computer.