Few day ago Pangu released iOS 8 jailbreak that didn’t include the Cydia app. If you are one of those who have already jailbroken iOS 8 device or cannot wait for Pangu update, we have got your covered. In this guide you will learn how to install Cydia on your jailbroken iOS 8.1-iOS 8 running device.
We strongly discourage anybody from undertaking this tutorial on a “daily driver.” And do not Attempt if you have not done this before! Please attempt at your own risk Trickyways.com will not be responsible for any damage to device incurred during process.
- First of all jailbreak your iOS 8 running iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, or use Pangu jailbreak iOS 8-8.1 tool to perform jailbreak.
- You need to download WinSCP ( a FTP client for Windows).
- Download Cydia deb file.
- Download Cydia-Iproj file.
- Your computer and the iOS device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Note your IP address of your iOS device by heading over to Settings > Wi-Fi > tap on “i” icon and note down the IP address
- Run Windows FTP client (WinSCP) and SSH into your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch by using the IP address from Step 5 and username as “root” and password as “alpine”.
- Now go to file browser, drag and drop the files that downloaded in step 3 and step 4. Make sure you remember the place where you dropped them.
- Press Ctrl + T. Locate the deb files in the folder you placed in step 7 using a cd command.
- Now run these commands
dpkg -i cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb
dpkg -i cydia_1.1.13_iphoneos-arm.deb
Make sure not to use any quotation mark.
Reboot your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. And, you will have your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 8-8.1 with Cydia installed on it.