As we already know that Pangu team has successfully released their jailbreak tool for jailbreaking iOS 8 and iOS 8.1. Previous release of Pangu jailbreak tool for iOS 8 – 8.1 wasn’t included Cydia app in it. Now Pangu team released version 1.1 and Cydia app is already added to it, you dont need to install Cydia app seprately. This was something awaited by most of us. Here is a guide on how to jailbreak iOS device running on iOS 8 – 8.1.
Before you start jailbreaking make sure you follow these steps. Attempt at your own risk, Trickyways.com will not be responsible for any damage to device during process.
Note: Those who have earlier version of Pangu that didn’t include Cydia as part of jailbreak process, you don’t need to re-jailbreak it. To install Cydia, simply run the Pangu app from your home screen. Tap on “Install Cydia”. Now tap on ‘Install’ found in top right corner of the screen to begin installing Cydia. After reboot you will have cydia on your i-Device.
- Make sure iTunes 12.0.1 or later installed on your PC before begin. It should also be running in the background when the jailbreak process is taking place.
- Make sure you backup your device either using iCloud or iTunes. You must have an iTunes restored version of iOS 8 / 8.1 installed on your device for the jailbreak to work. If you updated from iOS 7.x to 8.x via OTA then the jailbreak won’t work. You can download iOS 8.1 from here, and restore using iTunes.
- Before starting jailbreak turn off any lock-screen passcode or Touch ID and find my iPhone as well. Passcode and Touch ID can be turned on after the jailbreak and Cydia installation is complete.
- Turn on Airplane mode. Airplane mode can be turned off once jailbreak is complete.
- iPhone 6/6 Plus
- iPhone 5s, 5c, 5,
- iPhone 4s
- iPad 4, 3, 2
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad mini 1, mini 2, mini 3
- and iPod touch 5.
- iOS 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.1.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8 – 8.1
- Download Pangu For Windows ( http://en.pangu.io/ ).
- Once Pangu is downloaded Right-click on the Pangu icon and then click on Run as Administrator.
- With Pangu running, connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your PC using USB.
- Hit the ‘Start Jailbreak’ button in the center of the display, followed by ‘Already did’ on the next screen to begin the jailbreak process. Your device will now reboot couple of times during the process.
- After Pangu tool says “Jailbreak succeeded” your’e done. You will find Pangu app along with Cydia app icon on your device.