“Internet was working fine on my laptop and other portable devices. But when I turned on my PC next day it was showing no internet access or limited connectivity on the wireless icon in the Windows status bar. I was facing diagnostics policy service is not running error when I tried to diagnose the network problem. If you are facing the same problem on your Windows 10, 8 or 7 computer then follow the steps below to fix this error.
Fix Diagnostics Policy Service Error
Before trying diagnostics utility, I rebooted the network devices like modem and router. Bbut the internet wasn’t working on my PC. Then I used the same internet connection on another machine, and it was working fine. I thought something is wrong with my Windows network settings and I performed the following steps to solve the problem. You should follow these steps to fix the problem.
- Try to troubleshoot the problem using Windows built-in Network Diagnostics tool. Right-click on the limited connection network/WiFi icon in status bar and select “Troubleshoot Problems” from the menu.
- Diagnostics tool will take some time to analyze Windows network settings and will show you the problem if found any and ask to fix that.
- If you are getting an error message like “The Diagnostics Policy Service Is Not Running.” The error shows that the diagnostics service is not running and we need to run the diagnostics policy service and fix the problem.
- Press shortcut Windows+Q keys or Press the Windows key from keyboard and then type cmd, this will search the Command Prompt. Right-Click on Command Prompt search result and select “Run as Administrator” option from the menu.
- In the Command Prompt Window, you need to run the following two commands one by one
net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice
net localgroup Administrators /add localservice
If command executed successfully, then you will see the success message as shown below.
- Type Exit and hit Enter to close the command prompt. Now, restart your computer to apply the changes.
- Now, troubleshoot problem again see step-1 above. I hope your problem will be solved now, and you can enjoy internet on your computer.
Check Diagnostic Policy Service Status
You can also check the diagnostic policy service status form the Windows Services utility.
- Press Windows+R keys to open the Run window, type command
"services.msc” and hit OK.
- In the Services window scroll-down to find a service with the name “Diagnostic Policy Service.” Right-click on this and select Properties, here make sure this service is up and running as shown below.
Share your experience below in comments. If you still having the same problem or any other related problem, please reply below. We will be happy to answer your questions.