Windows error 0x80070422 occurs when checking for new updates, downloading anything from Windows store, updating drivers from device manager online or activating Windows firewall. It’s not a big deal we will handle this little error in no time.
If you have seen this error or currently facing it you are not alone and also you are at the right place here to fix this error. The 0x80070422 error means Windows background intelligent transfer services can’t be started or Windows update is not started as it might be disabled.
In any case, let’s jump into it and see what’s wrong and how to fix 0x80070422. There were some problems installing updates, but we will try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422).
Different ways to fix Error 0x80070422
I found, there are three different ways to solve this error. You may also consider trying this Clean Install Windows 10
Fix 0x80070422 via Windows services
Sometimes windows update services are disabled by the user for any reason, by application or malware. First, we have to look into whether Windows services are disabled or not.
- Press Windows+R keyboard shortcut to open Run window and type services.msc, then hit enter or click ok.
- In the Windows Services, scroll down until you file Windows update as shown below. It will be almost at the end of the page.
- Double click on it to open Windows update properties (local computer).
- In the General tab, change “disable to Manual” in startup type drop down and click on apply.
- Now click on start, in service status.
- Click Ok to close the windows update properties.
Now go to windows update page from settings and check for the updates, your problem will be solved. If not? Then move to the other solutions.
Fix Error 0x80070422 disable IPv6
IPv6 means internet protocol version 6, it’s a standard protocol new suits for the network layer of the internet. It might be causing the problem, let’s try to disable it to see the problem is solving or not.
- First, you must sign in as administrator or your current how has administrator privileges.
- Now open the Control Panel and click Network and Sharing Center. If you don’t know how to open that, just press the Windows key from keyboard and type “Control Panel” to find it.
- From the left menu list, click on “change adapter settings”.
- Now right click on the wireless adapter which you are currently using and select properties.
- In the networking tab, uncheck internet protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6). Now click OK to close the WiFi properties. Restart your computer and check for the updates If it’s working fine.
Online troubleshooter to Fix 0x80070422
Microsoft made very easy for its Windows users to troubleshoot and fix many windows problems, errors using its official online troubleshooter. It supports Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10. If any of the above methods did not work for you try this and you will get rid of this problem.
- Open Microsoft online troubleshooter page.
- Once opened, select your Windows version you are running or want to the troubleshooter.
- After selecting the Windows version, run Windows Update troubleshooter.
Network reset might help to Fix 0x80070422
If anything doesn’t work then Rest your network settings. But this will remove all the saved passwords for Wi-Fi connection, reinstall your network adapters and set other networking components back to their original settings. You might need to reinstall other networking software afterward, such as VPN client’s software or virtual switches.
We have already written a guide for Windows so you can easily do a Network reset to original settings.
Did this guide helpful for you, did you manage to solve/fix the error please leave a comment below. If you know any other way to fix this error 0x80070422, please write us through comments below.