Apple releases the iOS updates iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 with tons of new features for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. You can install iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 public beta right now, here is how to do that. Beta releases are very much stable but remember, this beta update might have some bugs and need to be fixed in later updates. So, keep in mind before updating to iOS 14. The purpose of beta releasing to the public is, Apple and find more bugs when if practically available to use in public.
iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 comes with lots of new features that were more important is a fresh look of home screen design that includes Widgets and the App library. If you don’t afford any kind of bugs or errors then I would recommend don’t install it, because you might lose any information or data during this upgrade.
Which Apple Devices can run iOS 14
If you are already using iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 on your iPhone or iPad then your device is compatible with iOS 14 and iPadOS 14. Here you can see the list of device that support iOS 14 and iPadOS 14.
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st and 2nd gen)
- iPod touch (7th gen)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st gen)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd, 1st gen)
- iPad Pro 10.5-in and 9.7-in
- Pad (7th, 6th, 5th gen)
- iPad mini (5th gen)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (3rd gen)
- iPad Air 2
If you are ready to install it then before doing that you should take the backup of your device.
Free Sign up for the Apple Public Beta Program
- Open up the Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad and go to beta.apple.com.
- Scroll down a little bit and tap the Sign up or Sign In button. If you already using Apple ID on your device then It will ask you to either enter the password or continue with Touch ID.
- Once you successfully logged in using Apple ID, click the downward add in the top-right corner of the screen and tap the “Enroll Your Device” option.
- Scroll down a bit on the next page and you need to download the Profile, Tap the “Download profile” button. Tap Allow continuing installing the profile on your device.
Download and Install iOS 14 Public beta
- Now Install the profile you just downloaded. Go to Settings > General, here scroll down to the end and tap “Profile”. Select the available iOS 14 profile and Install it. Once you have installed the profile, now you will get all the future iOS 14 beta updates on your device. You can check it regularly from Settings > General > Software Updates
- In the final step, go to Settings > General > Software Update, and here you will see the latest beta software update. In case If you didn’t see the iOS 14 beta to download then make sure you have installed the profile correctly or just close the settings and wait for few minutes.
Stop getting beta updates
Until Apple released the final public release this fall you can continue checking new features. But, if you have decided to stop receiving beta updates then just remove the profile. After removing the public beta profile you will start getting normal public updates.
Removing beta profile will not get you back to iOS 13 or iPadOS 13, If you want to do that you have to downgrade iOS 14 beta to iOS 13.
Simply removing the profile will stop you from getting further beta releases, but it doesn’t get you back to iOS 13 or iPadOS 13. To do that, follow our guide to downgrading from iOS 14 beta to iOS 13.
If you having any problem download and installing the iOS 14 / iPadOS 14 public beta on your device. Please leave a comment below so we can help you out.