I created a music loop in the GarageBand on my iPad and after that, I was looking for a way to transfer it to my Windows PC. GarageBand song/music file is not directly available to copy when you connect your iPhone or iPad with the PC. So, using iTunes I successfully transfer it to my PC, and this is how I did that.
- To transfer the GarageBand file to your Windows you need to install iTunes on your computer.
- You also need a data cable to connect your iPhone/iPad with the computer.
- Of course, you also need the iPhone or iPad device from where you want to transfer the music file.
Snapshot of the guide:
- We will connect our device iPhone/iPad to the computer.
- Open iTunes and select the connected iPhone or iPad.
- We will access the GarageBand app and save the music folder from it.
Transfer GarageBand Music from iPhone/iPad to Windows PC
Follow these steps to transfer your song from your GarageBand iPhone/iPad to your PC.
- First, using the data cable that comes with your iPhone/iPad, connect it with the Windows computer
- Next, press the Windows key from the keyboard or click the Start button and then type iTunes to search it.
- Instantly it will search the installed iTunes on your computer. Click iTunes from the search results to open it up.
- You need to select your device iPhone/iPad in iTunes to see the related options.
If you don’t see any connected device here, then make sure it’s connected properly and Windows installed the driver for the device. Is the device not showing in iTunes?
- If your device is connected properly then you will see options as you can see in the screenshot below. Just, select the File Sharing option from the left side and then select the GarageBand app.
TIP: as you can see other apps in the list in the File Sharing section, iMovie, VLC, etc. That means you can transfer documents created in these apps to your computer.
- After selecting the GarageBand app you can see the list of folders/files on the right side under the “GarageBand Documents” section.You must know the GarageBand document name that you created on iPhone or iPad and want to transfer it to the computer.Select that folder from the list and then click the Save button as shown below in the screenshot.
- Once you click the Save button in iTunes, navigate to the location on your PC where you want to save it. As you can see I am saving it to the Downloads folder.
- Now, let’s see the music file that we just transferred to a Windows computer. Open up the File Explorer and go to that folder where you saved the file. I saved it in the Downloads folder, as you can see below in the screenshot
My Song.bandfolder is available now.
- Open that folder and you will see the Output folder inside which contains the actual .m4a music file.
- Play the music file and verify it. You can use it wherever you want.
So, this is how you can transfer all the music from GarageBand to your Windows PC.
Was this guide helpful for you? Please do share your experience, If you have any questions please leave a comment below and we would love to hear from you.